Summer always brings with it a hard choice: Do you turn down the thermostat to stay cool and resign yourself to high power bills? Or, do you sweat it out to save some dough?
If you’ve been struggling with this dilemma, don’t fret.
With a programmable thermostat, you can beat the heat and save money, too. They are easy to install and can save you over $100 a year.
The key is that they have different temperature settings for certain times of the day. The latest models can be self-installed, are easy to program and can be controlled over the Internet.
This is obviously the biggest perk. Not only are you helping the environment, you’re also helping your monthly budget.
You can preset the thermostat to adjust the temperature when you’re away from the house, so you’re using less energy. Then it can kick back on just before you arrive home.
You’ll immediately see a difference in your utility bills when you set your programmable thermostat to turn off for eight-hour periods while you’re at work. Every little bit counts!
Save Yourself The Frustration
If you’re going to be home early from work or are arriving back from a week long vacation, don’t worry about coming home to a sweltering sauna of a house.
Most modern thermostats allow you to access their controls online through a computer, or even your smart phone. With the touch of a button, you’ll arrive to a perfectly comfortable home.
Save Even More
Below are a few tips to keep bills down and your thermostat running efficiently.
- Make sure you place the thermostat away from air vents, open doorways and windows with direct sunlight.
- Try to set temperatures for longer increments, such as when you’re at work or while you’re asleep.
- Every time you hit the buttons you’re using more energy.
- If your thermostat runs on batteries, change them once a year.
Don’t waste any more energy! Make the investment in a programmable thermostat and start saving this summer. The convenience and lower utility bills will make you glad you did.
For more tips on home maintenance and savings, reach out to me, your trusted local real estate professional. Call me at (905)940-3599 or email me at email@example.com today.
- Beat the heat while saving on your electric bill | FineRetirement.com
- DIY: Cut Your Electric Bill and Beat the Heat : Chelsea Green
- Ways to Beat the Heat of Higher Electric Bills This Summer – PSEG