As fall gives way and winter begins to make its present felt, this is the time of year when we approach the holiday season.
Many home owners thinking of selling typically wait during this period because of the mistaken belief that the market is slowing down and they may not be successful in selling their home this time of year.
If you are considering selling your home but are hesitant to do so, here are 12 reasons why listing during the holiday season might be your best bet.
- Buyers who are looking in November and December are typically very serious home Buyers.
- Smaller supply for Buyers to choose from… better odds than at any other time of the year for a home Seller.
- Number of homes for sale in January and on will increase dramatically.
- A home that is decorated for the Holidays shows very well!
- Holiday emotionalism is also at a peak for home Buyers… more open to higher prices.
- Buyers looking during the Holidays typically have more time to look for a home than they do during a normal working week.
- Significant percentage of Buyers must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons. Often times in the case of a transfer, the buying decision must be “on the books” by the end of December.
- January is oftentimes the month for transferees to begin jobs. Homes must be on the market earlier to be available for those individuals.
- You can restrict showings at peak times of the month. Minimizes the inconvenience factor.
- Sell now for more money and arrange a longer closing. This will allow the home Seller to have a larger selection to choose from in the new year.
- Sell now, become a firm home Buyer and strengthen your negotiating position when the supply increases in the new year.
- Possible increase in interest rates can negatively affect prices.
If your ready to sell, contact me, your trusted local real estate professional, by phone at (905)940-3599 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org today!