- Attach a cloth pouch or thin plastic basket to the inside of cupboard doors. This is a great way to store Tupperware lids, cosmetics, etc.
- Install hooks inside the foyer closet for loose items such as hats and scarfs.
- Use egg cartons to make effective storage inserts in drawers.
- Fashion stores often put purchases in stiff, high-quality boxes. Placed on their sides, these make effective storage compartments. (Especially shoeboxes.)
- Consider using suitcases for out-of-season clothing. In addition to storage, they also provide protection.
- Never throw out an old wine rack. There are numerous ways these can be used for storage. (Example: for tools.)
By thinking creatively, you can probably come up with many other simple ideas for creating more storage. The reward is a home that looks neater and more spacious.
Having more ideas to share? Contact me, your trusted local real estate professional, by phone at (905)940-3599 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org today; we’d love to hear from you!