Feature your home’s power, whitewash its flaws and appeal to the greatest possible pool of potential buyers with these amazing home-staging tips.
1. Remove Clutter: Getting rid of clutter is the most important thing you can do to prepare your home for sale. Make a rule for the house that every new thing that comes in, an old thing has to be put out. Mostly the house looks cluttered because of the furniture, therefore, it is advisable to get rid of the furniture so that the house looks big enough when customers come to see it. Take a look at what you have and what you can live without.
2. Furniture Layout: There’s this belief that if all the furniture is pushed to the walls the room has a larger space, but that’s not the case so. Instead, place your furniture away from walls and position the sofas and chairs in a way so that conversations can be done in a better way. This way not only make the space more friendly, but it will make the room to look larger.
3. Transform your room: If you have a room that has all the junk, replace it with something that will add worth to your home. Just a simple addition of an armchair, a lamp and a table in a proper position will transform it into a comfortable reading spot. Drape fabric on the walls lay carpet on the floor and toss in a few cushy pillows.
4. Lighting your home: Staged homes look warm and welcoming when highlighted with great lighting. Most of our homes are not properly lighted which is why they do not turn out to be that beautiful in terms of lighting. To solve this problem increase in your fixtures and lamps.
5. Make It Bigger and Larger: To make a room look larger than it is paint it the same color as the adjacent room. If you have a dining room and a kitchen a smooth look will make both rooms look bigger. Another trick is if you want to make the illusion of a bigger space, paint the walls the same color as your drapery.
6. Color Experiment: don’t ever be afraid to use dark paint in your bedroom or your dining room. A deep tone on the walls can make the room look cozier, dramatic and intimate. And it is not necessary that you have to paint it whole rather paint a wall to draw attention to a fireplace or a lovely set of windows.
7. Modify wall hangings: Most of our homes have the art hung in a high line encircling each room. Big mistake. Placing or positioning your pictures, paintings and prints in common places can render them almost invisible. Display your art creatively so that it stands out and shows off. So break up that line and modify your wall hangings.
8. Prim and Polished: Have your tiles professionally painted so that it looks brand new. Buyers will feel they are in a spa when they see it. It’s a great way to create a polished look, and it doesn’t either. So go on and give your bathroom the perfect look.
With enough work and imagination, there are ways to make any perceived drawback into a selling point. For more expert home selling advice, contact me, your trusted local real estate professional, by phone at (905)940-3599 or by email at email@example.com today.